Experienced Springfield Probate Attorney
Probate disputes over property, assets, and inheritance rights can create rifts between family members when a loved one passes, as can accusations of mismanagement or improper conduct on the part of caregivers. When these types of disputes arise, they can jeopardize your rights to property and assets your loved one intended for you to receive, while increasing the amount of time it take for their estate to be settled.
At the Law Office of Mike Gertner, we provide the professional legal representation you need to protect your rights and interest in these types of disputes. Our Springfield probate attorney has over 40 years’ experience in Ohio probate matters, and can be trusted to provide the kind of caring, compassionate legal service you need at a time like this, while helping you achieve the best possible results in your particular case.
Representing Those in Springfield, Ohio
The Ohio Revised Code provides rules and guidelines for how the probate court administers property and assets of those who have passed, commonly referred to by the court as the decedent. Probate proceedings ensure any claims against the estate are settled, all tax debts are paid, and that remaining property or assets are passed on to their rightful heirs. Disputes commonly involve disagreements between family members over their rights to an inheritance, the total amount of property or assets heirs are due to receive, and allegations against caregivers of coercion or misconduct regarding wills and estate documents. At the Law Office of Mike Gertner, we represent people wrongfully deprived of assets, using our legal knowledge and experience to assist in the following types of matters:
- Will Contests
- Life Insurance Litigation
- Concealment of Assets and Inheritance Enforcement
- Changes In Beneficiary Litigation
- Joint Accounts With Caregivers Litigation
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Trust & Will Construction Defects
Results Oriented Probate Litigation
For residents of Springfield, Ohio, probate proceedings are handled in the Clark County Probate Court. The probate process itself can be confusing and complex, while disputes among family members or estate administrators can result in both lengthy and costly delays. At the Law Office of Mike Gertner, our Springfield probate attorney has a proven track record of success in handling these types of legal matters, and uses a results oriented approach to help achieve client achieve the best possible result in their particular case. Examples of the types of cases we handle and the results we have gotten in past cases include the following:
- A six figure settlement for a probate trust dispute involving two brothers, in which one brother failed to distribute to the other his rightful share of assets after their mother passed;
- Another six figure settlement for a widow who was wrongfully deprived of life insurance benefits from her late husband;
- Settlement of a dispute involving a business partnership, in which our client was being deprived of her late father’s share of assets from a previous business venture;
- Settlement of a claim involving improper changes to a will by another party after it had already been signed by the decedent.
Reach Out to Our Office Today for Help
When you or someone you love is facing a potential probate dispute, get the experienced legal representation you need and contact the Law Office of Mike Gertner today. Our Springfield probate attorney provides the kind of aggressive legal representation necessary to protect your legal rights, while offering the caring, comprehensive client service you deserve. For a one on one, personalized review of your particular case, call or contact our office online.