A Lancaster Probate Lawyer Can Help Ease Your Process
When a person passes away in Ohio, their property will typically be distributed in a process that is overseen by a probate court. Unfortunately, probate can often be confusing, frustrating and time-consuming. Worse yet, in many cases, serious disagreements arise over critical documents, inheritance rights and other aspects pertaining to the administration of the estate. If you are involved in a dispute over an estate, you need to protect your rights by contacting an experienced Columbus probate lawyer as soon as possible.
An Overview of Probate in Ohio
In the most simple terms, probate is the legal process by which a person’s estate is settled before the court. Each Ohio county runs its own probate court. Once a case makes it into the court, the judge must confirm the validity of a will, identify and value all remaining assets, and then distribute those assets in accordance with the deceased’s last wishes.
Probate Litigation Services
Unfortunately, disputes often arise during probate proceedings. In some cases, simple mistakes are made that lead to disagreements over each parties’ inheritance rights. In other cases, the misconduct of bad actors results in individuals not receiving the full value of the inheritance. Our Columbus probate lawyer works aggressively to represent those who have been wrongfully deprived their share of their loved one’s estates. Some specific examples of probate cases we handle include:
- The mismanagement of a trust;
- Estate executor breach of fiduciary duty;
- Changes in the beneficiary litigation;
- Concealment of assets cases; and
- Life insurance disputes.
We Are a Results Oriented Law Firm
For the best results in your probate dispute, you need to work with a law firm that has a documented record of results in probate litigation cases. We always put the best interests of our clients above all else. At the Law Office of Mike Gertner, we have:
- Helped a man obtain a six figure settlement after he was wrongfully deprived of his share of his deceased mother’s estate;
- Recovered the full $200,000 value of a life insurance policy for our client who was initially cheated out of the proceeds after her late husband’s policy was changed just one week before his death; and
- Obtained a full recovery for our client was denied inheritance when a will was improperly changed.
Contact a Central Ohio Probate Lawyer Today
If you are involved in a probate dispute, you need the best probate lawyer in Columbus by your side. At the Law Office of Mike Gertner our team has more than four decades of experience handling probate matters. For immediate and personalized assistance with your case, please do not hesitate to call our office today at 614-463-9393 or 877-772-1011 to request your free initial legal consultation.