A Delaware Probate Lawyer Is Ready To Help
After an individual passes away, their remaining property and assets will be distributed to their heirs. In many cases, doing this is actually a highly complex process. It can even lead to bitter feelings and disputes between close friends and family members. If you are involved in a dispute over a loved one’s estate, you need to ensure that your legal rights and financial interests are fully protected. At the Law Office of Mike Gertner, our probate team is standing by, ready to review your case and determine what needs to be done to protect your share of the inheritance.
Understanding Probate in Ohio
Probate is a legal process that takes place after a death. During probate, a person’s estate will be assessed and their last wishes will be confirmed. Then, their assets will be distributed in accordance with those last wishes. While the concept is simple enough, it can become complicated in practice. Individuals going through probate should be ready for the possibility that the process may take awhile to complete.
Our Probate Litigation Lawyer Will Protect Your Rights
Throughout the entirety of probate, your inheritance rights must always be vigorously protected. If at any time, you feel that your share of your loved one’s estate is being threatened, either by mistakes or by intentional bad actions of another party, you should get a probate lawyer involved. Unfortunately, probate disputes can arise in many different ways. Some of the most common ways in which your inheritance might be threatened include:
- Defects with the will;
- Illegitimate alterations to key documents;
- Another party concealing assets;
- An executor’s breach of fiduciary duty; and
- Problems with a life insurance policy.
We Have a Documented Record of Success
Our team works extremely hard to protect the inheritance rights of our clients. We have proven record of success in Ohio probate litigation cases. A small sample of our results include:
- A $200,000 recovery for a widow who was originally cheated the proceeds of her late husband’s life insurance policy. A week before her husband’s passing, the policy was changed to make his half-brother the beneficiary. By taking aggressive action, we made things right for our client.
- A six figure settlement agreement for our client who was denied his share of his late mother’s estate after his brother failed to distribute any assets to him.
- A $200,000 recovery for a client who was initially deprived of assets after the conservator of the estate tried to move the issue to another county.
Contact Our Office Today
At the Law Office of Mike Gertner, our firm has handled many Ohio probate litigation claims. To learn more about what we can do to protect your legal rights and financial interests, please do not hesitate to give us a call today at 614-463-9393 or 877-772-1011 to schedule a free, no obligation, review of your case.