Experienced Newark Probate Attorney
When a loved one passes, it is not uncommon for disputes to arise regarding property and assets that are left behind. In many cases, it can be a lengthy and potentially contentious process to ensure that an inheritance passes to the rightful and intended owner. In these situations, you need an experienced probate litigation attorney to ensure that both your legal rights and interests are protected.
At the Law Office of Mike Gertner, we provide the aggressive legal representation you need at a time like this. Our Newark probate attorney has the legal knowledge and experience to represent those who have been wrongfully deprived of assets their loved ones intended them to have. With over 40 years’ experience in Ohio probate matters, you can trust our firm to provide the compassionate, caring legal service you deserve, while helping you to achieve a successful outcome in your case.
Representing Those Wrongfully Deprived Of Assets
Under the Ohio Revised Code, the probate court administers the property and holdings of an individual who has passed, known as the decedent, ensuring that claims against the estate are settled, all tax debts are paid, and that any remaining property passes to its rightful owners. Probate disputes can arise over the intent of the decedent in leaving assets to certain individuals, in addition to concerns survivors may have about the way that person’s estate was handled. At the Law Office of Mike Gertner, we stand up for the rights of those involved in these types of disputes, providing professional legal representation in the following types of matters:
- Will Contests
- Life Insurance Litigation
- Concealment of Assets and Inheritance Enforcement
- Changes In Beneficiary Litigation
- Joint Accounts With Caregivers Litigation
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Trust & Will Construction Defects
Results Oriented Probate Litigation
In Newark, Ohio, probate proceedings are handled in the Licking County Probate Court. The court frequently deals with disputes that arise between family members, friends, and other parties, which result in serious rifts in relationships as well as legal battles which can draw out the probate process indefinitely. At the Law Office of Mike Gertner, our Newark probate attorney has a proven track record of successfully representing clients involved in probate disputes, providing results oriented probate litigation to ensure your best interests in these matters are protected. Results achieved in past cases include:
- A six figure settlement for a probate trust dispute involving two brothers, in which one brother failed to distribute to the other his rightful share of assets after their mother passed;
- Another six figure settlement for a widow who was wrongfully deprived of life insurance benefits from her late husband;
- Settlement of a dispute involving a business partnership, in which our client was being deprived of her late father’s share of assets from a previous business venture;
- Settlement of a claim involving improper changes to a will by another party after it had already been signed by the decedent.
Contact Our Ohio Probate Attorney Today
When you are involved in a probate dispute or need to contest a will or other estate documents, get the experienced legal representation you need and contact the Law Office of Mike Gertner today. Our Newark probate attorney provides the aggressive representation you need to assist you in claiming your rightful share of property and assets, while providing the caring, comprehensive client service you deserve. For a one on one, personalized review of your particular case, call or contact our office online.