Experienced Delaware, Ohio Probate Lawyers
Disputes over property, assets, and inheritance rights are not uncommon when a loved one passes, nor are accusations of mismanagement or inappropriate conduct by those in a position of trust. These types of disputes can result in serious rifts between family members, friends, and caregivers, while lengthening the amount of time the estate spends being settled in probate.
At the Law Office of Mike Gertner, we provide experienced, professional legal representation for those going through these types of disputes. Our Delaware probate attorney represents those who have been wrongfully deprived of their inheritance rights, and can help resolve disputes regarding the terms of your loved one’s estate and how any assets are distributed. With over 40 years’ experience in Ohio probate matters, you can trust us to provide the kind of caring, compassionate legal service you need at a time like this, while helping to ensure your legal rights and interests are protected.
Providing Skilled Representation in Probate
Under the Ohio Revised Code, the probate court administers the property and assets for those who recently passed, known by the court as the decedent. Probate proceedings work to ensure that any claims against the estate are settled, tax debts are paid, and any remaining property or assets are passed to the rightful heirs. Probate disputes can arise over any step of this process, and often involve disagreements over the inheritance rights of certain individuals, as well as the amount they are due to inherit. At the Law Office of Mike Gertner, we represent those involved in this types of disputes, using our legal knowledge to assist clients in the following types of matters:
- Will Contests
- Life Insurance Litigation
- Concealment of Assets and Inheritance Enforcement
- Changes In Beneficiary Litigation
- Joint Accounts With Caregivers Litigation
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Trust & Will Construction Defects
Results Oriented Probate Litigation
For residents of Delaware, Ohio, probate proceedings are handled in the Delaware County Probate Court. The probate process can be lengthy and expensive, and disputes among family members or estate administrators can draw out this process indefinitely. At the Law Office of Mike Gertner, our Delaware probate attorney has a proven track record of success in providing the kind of aggressive legal representation needed to get a successful result in these types of case. A small sample of the results we have been able to achieve for clients in past cases includes the following:
- A six figure settlement for a probate trust dispute involving two brothers, in which one brother failed to distribute to the other his rightful share of assets after their mother passed;
- Another six figure settlement for a widow who was wrongfully deprived of life insurance benefits from her late husband;
- Settlement of a dispute involving a business partnership, in which our client was being deprived of her late father’s share of assets from a previous business venture;
- Settlement of a claim involving improper changes to a will by another party after it had already been signed by the decedent.
Let Us Provide You with Exceptional Representation
If you or someone you care about is involved in a probate dispute with a family member, caregiver, or business associate, get the experienced legal representation you need and contact the Law Office of Mike Gertner today. Our Delaware probate attorney ensures each client receives the caring, comprehensive service they deserve, while providing the kind of aggressive legal representation needed to get a successful result. We are eager to meet with you today.