Experienced Chillicothe Probate Attorney
Going through probate court proceedings is often a confusing process. Issues may arise concerning the amount of property or assets left behind by a family member or loved one, as well as problems concerning how their estate is handled and distributed among potential heirs. These types of situations have the potential to delay the probate process indefinitely, and may jeopardize your interest as a rightful heir.
At the Law Office of Mike Gertner, we understand how costly and time consuming probate disputes can be, and the serious rifts they can cause among the deceased’s family members, business associates, and caregivers. With over 40 years’ experience in Ohio probate law, our Chillicothe probate attorney provides the knowledgeable, highly effective legal representation you need to help ensure a successful outcome in your particular case.
Assisting Clients in Chillicothe and Throughout Ohio
Under the provisions outlined in the Ohio Revised Code, probate is the process of settling any claims against the estate of someone who is deceased, paying any taxes that are owed, and dividing the remaining assets between the rightful heirs. Known as the decedent in these matters, the person who has passed may have left a will, trust, or other estate planning documents, outlining both who like would like to inherit, as well as the person of the estate they are entitled to. Disputes that arise can delay this process indefinitely, costing you both time and money while creating strife between family members, friends, caregivers, and business associates. At the Law Office of Mike Gertner, we represent clients going through the process, including those who are wrongfully deprived of assets, by providing the aggressive representation you need in the following types of matters:
- Will Contests
- Life Insurance Litigation
- Concealment of Assets and Inheritance Enforcement
- Changes In Beneficiary Litigation
- Joint Accounts With Caregivers Litigation
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Trust & Will Construction Defects
Focused on Results
For residents of Chillicothe, Ohio, probate proceedings are handled in the Ross County Probate Court. The proceedings can be both time consuming and confusing, while disputes only prolong the delay and increase costs. At the Law Office of Mike Gertner, our Chillicothe probate attorney takes a results oriented approach to these types of matters, diligently working to ensure the best possible outcome in your case. Our proven track record in handling probate court matters speaks for itself, and the following are several examples of both the types of cases we handle, and actual results we have achieved::
- A six figure settlement for a probate trust dispute involving two brothers, in which one brother failed to distribute to the other his rightful share of assets after their mother passed;
- Another six figure settlement for a widow who was wrongfully deprived of life insurance benefits from her late husband;
- Settlement of a dispute involving a business partnership, in which our client was being deprived of her late father’s share of assets from a previous business venture;
- Settlement of a claim involving improper changes to a will by another party after it had already been signed by the decedent.
Reach Out to Us for Immediate Assistance
When dealing with issues and potential disputes in the probate court, get the experienced legal representation you need and contact the Law Office of Mike Gertner today. Our Chillicothe probate attorney provides our clients with the kind of caring, comprehensive client service they deserve, while ensuring their rights and interests are protected. For an individual, personalized review of your particular case, call or contact our office online.